Friday, May 13, 2011

Great Day

Had a fabulous day on Wednesday happened to be in the neighborhood of world famous artist Will Barnet and a gave him a call to say hello. I wound up spending the afternoon on a Park Bench in Gramercy Park on a beautiful sunny day catching up on life, the artworld, Will's recent shows and reviews by the New York Times, my photography and his future retrospective in September at National Academy of Art in NYC.  Will was going on about everyone loving the portrait I did of him so much (including him) and that my portraits have become famous and are being used everywhere from Farnsworth to Naples to the Montclair Museum, to the National Academy of Art and so on and for all his catalogs. He told me he had numerous well-known photographers, who made portraits of him over the years (he will be 100 years old on May 25th) but my photographs of him are by far, much better than, even the portrait that Arnold Newman did of him! It took me very much by surprise to hear that, and it  certainly made my day even more special.


That evening we were special guests at Manfrotto's Evening to Imagine More Event which was a very exciting and motivating affair and we had a wonderful time.
                                                                Artist Will Barnet Photo ©MMV JoAnne Kalish All Rights Reserved





 JoAnne & Violante Placido - she is so gorgeous!


JoAnne and Marcus Samuelsson 


                                                                JoAnne and Mia Moretti 

No comments:

Post a Comment